Salem "Which" Hunt...
An Open Letter to the Editors of the Salem News...
Opinion by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen
Tuesday, March 1st, 2005
Today I was forwarded a copy of your February 28th, 2005 online article titled "The Quack Catcher" by Staff Writer Julie Kirkwood.
After my laughter died down - I asked myself "Which Robert Baratz are they talking about? It couldn't be the well known hair removal and ear piercing specialist one who claims to be the president of the self-styled National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF), for all over the internet is the REAL description of Baratz."
How could your reporter have missed so much obvious FACTUAL data? How could your editors have missed it all? I know it's hard to get good quality help - but really - Baratz's REAL story is easy to find...
For instance you missed:
(1) That Baratz is named as a conspirator in an ongoing Federal RICO (Racketeering) suit in Colorado.
(2) That the NCAHF, itself, is legally defunct (suspended) as a corporation, and has been since mid-2003.
(3) That the NCAHF, itself, owes the homeopathic industry over $100,000 in legal fees awarded by the California Courts, and it hasn't paid them.
(4) That the NCAHF, itself, by not keeping up its corporate status has passed along the legal financial obligation shown above to its individual Board members, and membership.
(5) That the NCAHF, itself, was forced into this obligation without Board knowledge because Baratz, with Barrett, files these lawsuits on behalf of the NCAHF without Board permission - and assigned themselves as PAID expert witnesses.
(6) That Baratz was shredded on issues of personal and professional credibility in a hearing in Wisconsin - the transcript of which, is on the internet.
(7) That Barrett and Baratz, in a Canadian Court, have admitted to:
The sole purpose of the activities of Barrett & Baratz are to discredit and cause damage and harm to health care practitioners and businesses that make alternative health therapies or products available, and advocates of non-allopathic therapies and health freedom.
Barrett and Baratz have falsely and fraudulently held themselves out as experts in the scientific fields of alternative complementary medicine.
Barrett uses predatory and deceptive practices designed to cause harm and damage to supporters and providers of alternative health services and products.
Both Stephen Barrett and Robert Baratz are vexatious litigants who use the court system to advance their agendas and the agendas of their privately owned businesses, which promote allopathic medicine, and discredit any health care treatment or product that is considered complementary or alternative treatment.
NCAHF is the acronym for National Council against Health Fraud. The NCAHF is a front organization used by Barrett, Baratz and their other associates whose purpose is to solicit jobs so that they can act as expert witnesses against doctors who practice alternative and complementary treatment methods.
Barrett operates numerous web sites including Quackwatch.com, Chirowatch.com., ratbags.com and Quackwatch.org . The sole purpose of these web sites is to discredit health care professionals who practice alternative and complementary medicine. These web sites discredit complementary medicine and encourage people to report doctors who practice alternative medicine, thus providing Barrett , Baratz and their associates with a constant stream of potential cases that can be prosecuted thus providing them with opportunities to act as expert witnesses on behalf of NCAHF, their privately owned company.
(8) And, more...
Journalism carries a responsibility for truth and accuracy. Local community colleges, in most areas, offer Journalism courses that cover the basics. Send Julie Kirkwood for refresher course.
Tim Bolen - Consumer Advocate
This "Millions of Health Freedom Fighters - Newsletter" is about the battle between "Health and Medicine" on Planet Earth. Tim Bolen is an op/ed writer with extensive knowledge of the activities of a subversive organization calling itself the "quackbusters," and that organization's attempts to suppress, and discredit, any, and all health modalities that compete with the allopathic (MD) paradigm for consumer health dollars. The focus of the newsletter is on the ongoing activities, battles, politics, and the victories won by members of the "Health Freedom Movement" against the "quackbusters" It details "who the quackbusters are, what they are, where they are operating, when they appear, and how they operate - and how easy it is to beat them..."
For background information on the "Battle between Health and Medicine" go to: http://www.savedrclark.net/by_whom2.htm. A copy of THIS newsletter, and older ones, are viewable at the website http://www.quackpotwatch.org/default.htm.
For EVEN MORE interesting and related articles go to http://www.bolenreport.com.